Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let's Start at the Very Beginning

....it's a very good place to start.

Okay! So here's what I'm thinking: had I started a book review blog, say, 10 years ago, I would be waaaaaay ahead of where I am now. I would probably have no less than 238,834,238 reviews already posted, and cruising through the archives of this blog would be just splendid because you could "Oh I'm deeeefinitely gonna read that" or "holy balls I'm soooo not gonna read that" and so on and so forth.


The purpose, therefore, is to avoid having this feeling again ten years from now. Or...ten months from now, even. Because then I might be saying, "Damn, if I'd just started that blog back on November 16th, I'd have so many reviews up."

Why start a book review blog? To have conversations with you (even if "you" don't exist at the time of this writing) about what you've read, be part of a fun times discussion community, and to have some kind of a recorded history of, see, I definitely DID read That. And it was great. Or, and it sucked. And here's why.

And so we begin.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you're really new. And you've got all the right sort of books on your shelfari shelves. I'll be looking for a Subscribe button next....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @leeswammes --The subscribe button has been placed; I hope you return!

    ReplyDelete